Organic turf care is one of the most sought after methods, which is a pretty uncomplicated and simple way of maintaining your lawn. Choosing the right type of lawn grass to maintaining the right balance of soil that can aid your lawn to withstand all kinds of weather conditions and look evergreen – you need to plan and execute every step with a great precision. Here are some easy tips to take care of your patch of green to make it look appealing.
- Choosing the Right Grass: This is one of the most essential steps in lawn maintenance, as choosing the right grass will bring down the efforts and processes of taking care to a great extent. It is necessary to choose the right kind of grass that is suitable for your weather conditions and soil type. After all, native plants would require little maintenance.
- Soil Test: Nutrient requirements and pH levels of lawns must be appropriate for your patch of green to be at its best. Hence, testing these ingredients with the help of professional services would be one of the best ways to handle the job.
- Longer Grass: Tall grasses deliver different benefits like a deeper root, healthy plant, and lesser damage. They also shade the soil to a greater extent, which in turn reduces the dryness. Retaining the moisture content would also prevent pests and weeds, which would maintain the lawn easily.
- Watering and Aerating: Deep watering promotes a healthy looking lawn. But make sure that you use the right amount of water required for the lawn depending on the absorption and retention property of the soil. Aerating is to pull out shallow soil plugs to add pockets for air, water, and nutrients to penetrate the soil.
- Mulching and Mowing: Mulching, combined with tall mowing heights, brings down the need for additional fertilizers. Mowing should be done to the appropriate height, as cutting it too short could result in a dry lawn and weeds.
Though you can use these tips for DIY lawn care, it is always better to take the help of a professional to save your time and efforts and yet get the best results.